Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Mets Just Missed!

10/19/06 This was a great assignment to be on. Game 7 Mets vs Cardinals. I was on assignment with fellow Star-Ledger Photogs Andy Mills, Chris Faytok and Noah Murray, as well as Sports Photo Editor Seth Siditsky. The game was back and forth, winner goes to the World Series. The Mets Endy Chavez grabs a homerun away from The Cardinals Scott Rolen to end the 6th inning with a double play in game 7 of the NLCS at Shea Stadium in Queens, NY. I was upstairs in the elevated position that night. The deadlines were tight. I got this image and immediately sent it to the paper. As I was sending it I got 2 IM's one from Seth the other from Steve Miller (photo editor in Newark office) Both saying did I get it and to send it. I said it is already in house as it was transmitted in about 45 seconds. This was a great catch and could have been a defining moment in the History of the Mets. However, later that night another Cardinal hit the game winning homer and then the Mets Carlos Beltran struck out to end the Mets chance of a World Series birth. This would have been the front page of sports but it was just an image in the paper that night as it meant nothing to the outcome of the game. You win some and you lose some. Oh Well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BILLY GATES!... Where is my RED SOX pictures? Your paisan.... DONNA GATES!

Me, Delon George said...

Wow! sorry to kind or barge in on you, I got here by accident, but I just want to say that your blog is great. I see you're a sports fan. I just started bloging, and it's good to see people excel at it. Anyhow, you can check my blog out @

www.cabbagestashkid.blogspot.com

or you can check out my website at:

www.cabbagestashkid.com

Take care, and keep at it!