Saturday, July 7, 2007

To Flash or not to Flash...........

09/09/06: This was a funny night at the US OPEN Women's final. Maria Sharapova first lifts the trophy and the top of it falls off. I was shooting without flash and caught a sequence of the trophy coming apart at the top. If I had used flash I would not have caught every image as I saw later that many of the wire services only caught it after she had lost the top and not the whole expression. To add to this I continued to photograph with just the natural light of the event and she later hugs the trophy and I caught another photographers flash and it made for a nice image as well as she wins the 2006 US Open vs Justine Henin-Hardenne in the Women's Final in Queens, New York. It just goes to show sometimes using a flash to fill does not always pay off.


























No comments: